Last Revised: 03/12/2021
“EU” means European Union
“EEA” means European Economic Area
“GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulations of the European Union
“CCPA” California Consumer Privacy Act
“Personal Information” or “Personal Data” means any information which can be used to personally identify an individual, as well as the specific definitions of Personal Information described under any applicable Data Protection Laws.
“Processing”, “Process” or “Processed” refers to the use of Personal Information by Statuspal.
2. Collection of Personal Information
3. When Statuspal collects Information
3.1 Statuspal collects data to provide the Services you request on the Website, to ease your navigation on Website, communicate with you, and improve your experience using the Website and Services. Some of this information is provided by you directly to us, such as when you:
- Register for an account;
- Provide information through the use of a Statuspal subscription service.
- Provide information to Statuspal support team.
- Provide Statuspal feedback;
- Sync, link, or otherwise connect with third party applications through the Statuspal subscription Service.
3.2 Some of the information is collected through your interactions with the Services or third party Website and applications. We collect such data using technologies like Cookies and other tracking technologies, error reports, and usage data collected when you interact with our Services. Some of the information is collected from your use of, and interactions with, us and others on social media, including but not limited to YouTube®, Twitter®, Facebook®, and LinkedIn® (collectively, “Social Media”).
3.3 The Services may change over time and Statuspal may introduce new features that may collect new or different types of information. The data we collect depends on the Services, and features of the Services that you use.
4. Personal Information
4.1 When you visit the Website without creating an account, you can browse without submitting Personal Information about yourself. In general, we collect Personal Information that you submit to us in the process of creating or editing your account and user profile on the Services or that you submit to us voluntarily through your use of the Services.
4.2 In particular, Statuspal has collected the following categories of Personal Information from users in the last 12 months. We obtain these categories of Personal Information with the methods described in more detail below.
|Category of Personal Information||Do we collect?||Do we disclose for Business Purposes?|
|A.||Name, contact information, and other identifiers such as a real name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||Yes||Yes|
|B.||Customer records such as other paper and electronic customer records containing Personal Information, such as name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number.||Yes||Yes|
|C.||Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies.||No||No|
|D.||Usage data such as internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||Yes||Yes|
|E.||Geolocation data such as precise geographic location information about a particular individual or device.||No||No|
|F.||Audio, video, sensory and other electronic data: audio, electronic, visual, or similar information such as, video footage, photographs, and call recordings.||No||No|
|G.||Profiles and Inferences such as inferences drawn from Personal Information to create a profile reflecting a resident’s preferences, characteristics.||No||No|
5. Automatically Collected Usage and Device Information
Similar to other Websites, we use tracking technologies to automatically collect certain technical information from your web browser, mobile, or other device when you visit the Website. This data may include, but is not limited to, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of your visits. Our collection of this data, described in more detail below, allows us to provide more personalized high-quality services to you and to track usage of the Website and our Services.
6. Analytical Data from Third Parties
6.1 Statuspal may collect or receive information that third party service providers may provide about you when using the Website and/or Services. Or Statuspal may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information Statuspal collects through your use of the Services. The following information is collected and/or obtained from third parties:
- Google Analytics: We use this analytical tool to help Statuspal analyze (i) how users use the Website and/or the Services by noting when you use the Website and the Services, and (ii) usage data and performance data. The information collected will be disclosed to or collected directly by the applicable analytical tool Statuspal is using. Such information is collected as a means to provide, improve, and develop the Website and the Services so as to create a safer and trusted environment when you use the Website and the Services.
- Stripe: We use this tool as a payment gateway provider. Stripes may collect information you provide to us as a means of processing payments you make on the Website and/or for the Services.
- Helphero: We use this onboarding tool to provide interactive and guided onboarding to new customers.
- Hotjar: We use Hotjar in order to collect behavioural analytics to help us improve our services.
- Intercom: We use Intercom to allow our customers to connect with us in real-time through live chat widget, we may also use it to communicate new features, ask questions to our customers and survey them.
- Namecheap: This is our domain hosting provider, they allow us to have our website and services accessible though domains like statuspal.io, statuspal.eu.
- Digital Ocean: Our server hosting provider, allows us to host our applications and services in their virtual private servers.
- Sendgrid: We use this service to send marketing and product related emails to our customers, we always include unsubscribe links at the footer of our emails.
- Mailgun: We use Mailgun to send transactional emails, both on behalf of us and on behalf of our customers, when they decide to use our Mailgun integration to send status update notifications to their subscribers.
- Encharge: We use Encharge to send automated onboarding emails.
6.2 Cookies are defined as small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow data gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved. Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely. Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
See and manage your cookie consent
7. Retention Period for Personal Information
8. Opt-out rights
You can stop all collection of Personal Information by Statuspal by not accessing the Website and the Services, or by requesting to opt-out via email, at [email protected].
9. Consent to Data Collection
10. Data that we do not Process
We do not process your personal data as it relates to revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and we do not engage in the processing of your genetic data or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying you as a natural person, or process data concerning your health or sex life or sexual orientation.
11. Data transfer outside the EU for EU Based Customers/Users.
11.1 To provide its Services, Statuspal uses third-party servers located in both the U.S. and the EU. When you subscribe to Statuspal's Services, you may choose the third-party server that Statuspal uses to host your Status Page and to which Statuspal transfers your personal data. By choosing a ‘U.S. server’, you accept that your personal data will be transferred to a server outside the EU. If you are located within the EU and have consented to the transfer of your personal data to a server located in the U.S., the protection of your personal data shall still be subject to the GDPR.
11.2 Data transfer abroad is based on consent, in that we shall only transfer your data outside the EU for the purpose of providing access to any Services offered to you by Statuspal. Such data transfer will be to third parties who maintain confidentiality requirements and data protection capabilities sufficient to protect and secure your data, if this is at all required. By registering an account with us, you hereby agree to allow your data to be transferred outside the EU for the reasons described in this paragraph, and subject to the terms described herein. If you want to specifically know how and to whom your data may be transferred to, please get in touch with us at [email protected].
12. Use of your Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information identified above for one or more of the following business purposes (“Business Purpose”):
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information (e.g., to provide you Service information).
- To personalize and develop our Services and the Services we provide to you, and improve our offerings.
- To provide certain features or functionalities on the Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To provide you with support, to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings, products, and services relevant to your interests, including offers and advertisements through third-party sites, and via email (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, services, databases, other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve the Services, and our products and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To prevent illegal activity, fraud, and abuse.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA if applicable, or if applicable, the GDPR.
13. Your Rights under the GDPR
13.1 Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the EU may be entitled to rights under the GDPR. If you qualify, these rights are summarized below.
13.2 If you request to exercise your rights under the GDPR, we may require verification of your identity before we respond to any such request. If you are entitled to these rights, you may exercise the following rights with respect to your Personal Information that we collect and store:
- the right to withdraw consent to data processing at any time;
- the right of access to your Personal Information;
- the right to request a copy of your Personal Information;
- the right to correct any inaccuracies in t your Personal Information;
- the right to erase your Personal Information;
- the right to data portability, meaning to request a transfer of your Personal Information from us to any other person or entity as chosen by you;
- the right to request restriction of the processing of your Personal Information; and
- the right to object to processing of your Personal Information.
13.3 You may exercise these rights free of charge. These rights will be exercisable subject to limitations as provided for by the GDPR. Any requests to exercise the above-listed rights may be made to: [email protected].
14. Your Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
14.1 To the extent that the CCPA is applicable to either Statuspal or you: both parties agree to comply with all of its obligations under the CCPA; and in relation to any communication of ‘personal information’ as defined by the CCPA, the parties agree that no monetary or other valuable consideration is being provided for such personal information and therefore neither party is ‘selling’ (as defined by the CCPA) personal information to the other party.
14.2 The principal rights you have under the CCPA include but are not limited to:
- the right to know the Personal Information we collect form you;
- the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information;
- the right not to be discriminated against for having exercised your rights under the CCPA;
- the right to opt out from the collection/sale of your Personal Information; and
- the right to access your Personal Information.
14.3 Both parties agree to notify the other immediately if it receives any complaint, notice, or communication that directly or indirectly relates to either party’s compliance with the CCPA. Specifically, Statuspal shall notify you within ten (10) working days if we receive a verifiable consumer request under the CCPA.
15. Your Rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
15.1 It is Statuspal’s policy to respond to any infringement notices and to take the appropriate actions as provided under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Should you believe that material available on the Website infringes on your copyright(s) or that of a third party, please notify Statuspal by submitting a written notice to [email protected] and include the following information:
- your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- a description of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringed;
- a description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on the Website;
- a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the alleged infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a signed (either physical or electronic) statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
15.2 Upon receipt of such notice, Statuspal shall investigate and/or remove the infringing material. You will be held liable for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees,should you materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website or infringes on your or a third party’s copyright.
16. Third Party Analytics Providers
17. External Links
18. Connecting our Services with Third Party Services
Statuspal works with other companies or developers who provide products and services that you may choose to sync, link or otherwise connect with your Statuspal account. If you choose to make use of such related products or services, Statuspal may exchange information, including your Personal Information, information from your account, and information about how you interact with each company’s Services or products with one or more third parties. This routine exchange of information is necessary to maintain business operations and to provide the requested Services.
19. Advertising and Emails
19.1 When you create an account with us and provide us with your e-mail we may, subject to applicable law, use your e-mail address to send you Services-related notices (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail), updates, news, and marketing messages. For example, when you register, you will receive a welcome email. If the Services or our services are temporarily unavailable, we may also send you an e-mail.
19.2 E-mail communications you receive from us will generally provide an unsubscribe link or instructions allowing you to opt out of receiving future emails or to change your contact preferences. If you have an account with us, you can also change your contact preferences by updating your contact information within your account settings. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails, we may still send you important service information related to your account and the Services. If you correspond with us by e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages, your e-mail address, and our responses.
We do use third party service providers to serve advertisements or collect data on our behalf across the internet and on the Services (“Advertisers”). Some of these Advertisers may collect your Personal Information about your Services visits and your interactions with our products and services to tailor marketing messages on the Services or other sites, or to trigger real-time interactions, customize the Services, or enhance your profile. In such cases, we will ensure that your information may only be accessed in a personally de-identified manner, so that it will no longer function as Personal Information, or information personally identifiable to yourself, unless you provide consent for the same.
21. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may use non-personally identifiable information, such as anonymized or aggregated Services usage data, in any manner that does not identify individual users for the purpose of improving the operation and management of the Services, including to develop new features, functionality, and services, to conduct internal research, to better understand Services usage patterns, to resolve disputes, to troubleshoot problems, to fulfill user requests, or for security and compliance purposes. Any non-personally identifiable information that is combined with Personal Information will be treated by us as Personal Information.
22. Payment Processors
If you purchase or pay for our Services, the transaction may be handled by our service providers or third-party vendor(s) responsible for processing your payment (“Payment Processors”). These entities have their own privacy policies and those terms will apply to you. Please be sure to review them at the links provided during payment processing.
23. Disclosures of Personal Information for Legal Reasons
23.1 We reserve the right to disclose all information collected via the Services, internally, to affiliates, or to third parties, for any lawful purpose or to prevent harm to us or others. For example, and without limitation, in our discretion, we may disclose information to government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identity theft. We will notify you in the event of a government or legal request for your information unless otherwise prohibited by law.
24. Declining to Provide Personal Information
24.1 You can choose not to provide Personal Information. You may always decline to provide your Personal Information to us. Registering for an account is not required to access some of our online content. If you decide to register, you can choose to provide information that does not reasonably identify you to others by selecting a username that is not related to your actual name, where this is permitted and/or possible for functional access of the Services. You can also decline to provide any optional information in your account. If you choose not to provide certain Personal Information to us, some of your Services may be affected (for example, we cannot send you product and services information if you do not provide your email address).
25. Right to Access or Delete Personal Information
25.1 You may request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or making available that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your Personal Information for a Business Purpose, the Business Purpose for which such Personal Information was disclosed, and the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- If applicable, (1) the categories of your Personal Information that we have made available for valuable consideration; (2) the categories of third parties to whom such Personal Information was made available; and (3) the category or categories of Personal Information that we have made available to each category of third parties.
25.2 You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we have collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
25.3 We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) or vendor(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Comply with all applicable laws.
- Comply with all applicable laws.
- Comply with a legal obligation or legal order.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under applicable law. Unless permitted by applicable law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
27. Data Security
27.1 Statuspal is committed to protecting the security of your information. Statuspal uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, Statuspal stores the information you provide on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and Personal Information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always choose to log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
27.2 You will be notified of any breach of Personal Information stored by us or provided to us by you within 48 hours of the occurrence of such a breach. At the time we notify you of the breach, we shall also inform you as to all rectification steps we have taken to rectify and mitigate the breach. For information related to our data security and the security of any personal data you provide us via the Services, please get in touch with us at ([email protected]).
29. Data Processing Agreement
Please click here to review our DPA.
30. Jurisdiction for Disputes
31. Contact Us