Last Revised: 29/07/2020
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any interactive features of our services, fill out a form, request customer support, provide any contact or identifying information or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address. We do not collet credit card information, this is managed by Stripe directly.
Third party services transparency
Statuspal wouldn't be possible without relying on third party services. We have carefully reviewed and chosen our business partners. Individual data processing terms with those vendors are in place. The following gives you an overview which external services we use, how and why:
Domain name and email service
The traffic and emails to our statuspal.io domain is supported by Namecheap.
Cloud hosting & data centers
All Statuspal infraestructure is hosted at the moment in DigitalOcean.
We rely on Stripe for payment processing, limiting our data collection on this regard to only a reference to a Stripe customer and subscription.
We use MailChimp to send occasionally e-mail updates to subscribed Accounts. These e-mails include relevant informations on service updates and feature announcements. With MailChimp we share e-mail addresses. New accounts get signed up for the newsletter automatically. That's why you need to confirm that we contact you by e-mail upfront.
We use Mailgun to send transactional emails our customers and to status pages subscribers.
Customer support emails and chat widget
We use Drift to manage and respond to messages sent through the chat widget presented in our website.
We use Google Analytics to keep track of usage analytics, see more in the section Third Party Analytics below.
User behavior & feedback
We use Hotjar to collect behavioral data in order to better understand our customers as well as to collect feedback.
We use HelpHero to provide a interactive on-boarding experience for our new customers.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer you use to access our services, including the hardware model, and operating system and version.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory that helps us to improve our services and your experience, see which areas and features of our services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails and to track count visits or understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
For more details about how we collect information, including details about cookies and how to disable them, please see "Your Information Choices" below.
Use of Information
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our services;
- Provide services you request, process transactions and to send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about news and information related to our service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services; and
- Personalize and improve our services.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third party vendors and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf, as mentioned in the section Third party services transparency above.
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- To enforce applicable user agreements or policies, including our Terms of Service; and to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities;
- In connection with any merger, sale of statuspal.io assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
Third Party Analytics
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Information Choices
We make use of certain cookies on this website. Cookies are small pieces of data sent by a website and saved by your web browser.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
We use functional cookies, cookies to automatically sign you in if requested and cookies to enhance your browsing experience.
You may opt out of receiving any promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.